The table below details our customer value measures and targets to 2025. It reports our performance and demonstrates progress in caring for customers through trusted relationships as part of delivering our purpose.
Performance highlights in 2023 include:
- Ranked 4th out of the water and wastewater companies for C-MeX, we continue to be the highest listed company.
- Proud to become the first company ever to recieve 100,000 commendations from customers through WOW!
- One of the first in the industry to hold the new ISO Consumer Vulnerability standard, ISO 22458:2022, for our Priority Services offering.
- Supported more then 330,000 households since 2020 through our comprehensive range of affordability schemes.
- Reaccredited with the Institute of Customer Service with Distinction award.
To understand the verification process for our data, please see CR reporting.
The progress we have already made to operate in a responsible manner is demonstrated in our 2015-20 measures and targets performance.
|Measure||Target to 2025||2022/23 Performance||2021/22 Performance||2020/21 Performance|
|C-MeX||Above industry median||Above industry median||Above industry median||Above industry median|
|D-MeX||Above industry median||Above industry median||Above industry median||Above industry median|
|Market Performance Standards||Upper quartile||Second quartile||Second quartile||Second quartile|
|Operational Performance Standards||Upper quartile||Upper quartile||Upper quartile||Upper quartile|
|Number of household written complaints compared to WASCs||Upper quartile||Second quartile||Second quartile||Upper quartile|
|Speed of resolution||5 days||3.9 days||3.5 days||3.5 days|
|Number of households registered for Priority Services||In excess of 220,000 (7%)||294,490 (9.1%)||186,224 (5.9%)||128,831 (4.1%)|
|BS18477 'Inclusive service provision' certification for Priority Services||Maintain certification||Maintained||Maintained||Maintained|
|Number of customers lifted out of water poverty||66,500||84,002||77,312||71,057|
|Helping customers look after water in your home||10% increase||31.60%||23.85%||13.75%|