Benefits of becoming an apprentice at United Utilities
Life as a United Utilities apprentice is full of benefits
Salaries start from £18,000, and an annual bonus of up to 7.5%.
We’ll see you’re well looked after, with a private healthcare scheme to help you to cover medical & dental costs.
State-of-the-art training facilities.
Ofsted rated United Utilities as a GOOD training provider.
Award-winning pension scheme.
Dedicated mentors and managers who will support you every step of the way.
You get 26 days of annual leave every year. You can even buy extra days or sell them back to us.
We’ll pay for up to 10 driving lessons to help to get you on the road!
We’ll see you’re well looked after, with a private healthcare scheme to help you to cover medical and dental costs, an onsite gym and other great facilities at our head office. And while access to an award-winning pension scheme might not be top of your priorities right now, responsible employers like us make sure you get one anyway. And that’s not the only way to save, as you’ll be able to buy company shares as part of the employee share buy scheme.
Start living your future, today
With a range of award-winning roles on offer, you’re bound to find your future career.
As well as gaining skills essential to your role, you will:
- Have support from mentors
- Be given a variety of personal development opportunities
- Get industry leading skills and the experience you’ll need for your career
- Spend time experiencing different areas of the business that are relevant to your role, setting you up for a long term career with us
- Have the opportunity to take part in team challenges for National Apprentice Week and get involved with the North West apprentice network
We were rated "good" by Her Majesty’s Ofsted Inspectors in August 2018.
Inspectors were particularly impressed with the ‘unwavering’ commitment of leaders and managers and the ‘exceptional facilities and resources’ at our dedicated technical training centre.